2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

REVIEW for The Woman I Was Born to Be


















Thank you to the people at Simon & Schuster for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:                     The Woman I Was Born to Be

AUTHOR:                Susan Boyle

GENRE:                   Memoir

Rating:                      3 Stars

Of course, I had heard about Susan Boyle - who hasn't? Although I have to admit that I have never laid eyes on any of the "Got Talent" shows so I had never really sat down and listened to her singing.



When I saw this book, I can't say that I was overly excited as I kind of thought that Susan was vanilla.

Surprisingly, The Woman I Was Born to Be was actually kind of inspiring and more interesting than I thought it would be. While Susan has had a fairly ordinary life (which is okay), I found myself kind of rooting for her through her various "life experiences" - especially, of course, when she starts talking about Britain's Got Talent and how it and her voice changed her life (not necessarily for the better at times).


This memoir is honest and although I still can't really say that I am enthralled by this woman, she has certainly earned my respect.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges