2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, January 21, 2011

REVIEW for Choker


















Thank you to Simon & Schuster for sending me this book!

TITLE:               Choker

AUTHOR:          Elizabeth Woods

GENRE:             YA

RATING:           4 Stars


Okay, Choker was a great, great book and was a total surprise - especially if you rely on the first few pages - which are deceptively ordinary - making you think you are going to be reading the typical "high school" story of a young girl trying to fit in.


In actuality, this book is about a young girl trying to fit in, its about a young girl trying to rekindle an old friendship and its about people disappearing in a creepy, mysterious, scary manner.

In fact, after the first few pages, I started getting that tingly feeling up the back of my head - as I read and read the engrossing story - why are people disappearing and is Zoe the reason why?

Very well written, the author has a knack for building up the suspense - just at the right pace. The details in the story are perfect - giving us just enough information for us to be able to picture the scene and the people. The character development is excellent and I have to say that I had no clue who was responsible for what - actually I could not figure out the ending -until the end.

Perfect, creepy, spooky, engaging and totally surprising read making you wonder if you ever really know someone.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Wow, you've really piqued my interest with that review.

Wall-to-wall books said...

Sounds great! Love your reviews, keep em comin!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges