2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

REVIEW for The Low-Down


















This book was on my "to buy" list, so a huge thank you goes out to Simon & Schuster for sending me an ARC!

TITLE:               The Low-Down

AUTHOR:          Lo Bosworth

GENRE:             Non-fiction (YA)

RATING:           3 Stars

Ever since I got a copy of this book, I looked up a lot more information on both the author and the story content - out of curiosity.  In fact, I had this book on my list way before I found out that the author is actually fairly well known and this book is an extension of her website.

For those of you who are looking for a good novel, this is not the book for you.  Rather, this book is more of an advice book about relationships and dating, which sort of blends in some rather generic stuff as well as some more "personal" experiences from the author.

While the reading is not horrible, I have to admit that there really isn't that much new here.  Some stories are okay and entertaining, but overall, I have to say that the book was a tad flat and somewhat typical.


As I am not a YA,  it is obvious that the book was not aimed at my demographic, but I think that a sign of a good YA (fiction or not) is that it should cross over into any world, all the while being enjoyable and informative - this was not really the case here.

Not a bad read, just not that stimulating.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges