2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Remembrance of 9/11 and A Decade of Hope

A huge thank you to Viking Adult for sending me this book!

TITLE:             A Decade of Hope

AUTHOR:       Dennis Smith

GENRE:          Non fiction

RATING:         5 stars

Today is a sad day for most of us in the world.  I am not American and I was lucky enough to not have known any of the victims of 9/11, but I remember how horrified I felt as I watched helplessly what was happening.

I have not read many books on 9/11 as I have always felt that I did not want to know more than what I had seen on that day, but A Decade of Hope sounded very uplifting and I felt that, 10 years later, I was in need of some positive about this event.

I loved Decade of Hope.  Of course, I don't love the "very" reason this book came into existence, but I felt a little bit of peace as I read some of the stories, realizing just how resilient the family and friends of the victims were/are.

Written with love, respect and with a glimmer of hope for the future, this book is a gem of hope.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

It's nice to know this book is so well written.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges