2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

REVIEW for Unnaturally Green

Thank you to author Felicia Ricci for sending me a copy of her book!

TITLE:               Unnaturally Green
BY:                     Felicia Ricci


GENRE:           Memoir

RATING:          4 Stars

I love reading memoirs that are written with a funny twist and Unnaturally Green was the perfect story.

Author Felicia Ricci has written a delicious little romp into the world of theater with all of its ups and downs.  One of the best things about these types of stories is that, while you are discovering all the author’s secrets, you also get to ‘listen in’ on the secrets of those around her – which is a lot of fun.

Although I have never had a huge curiosity about the theater and what goes on behind the scenes, I felt as though I was a little bird, perched in my hiding place, snooping (love it) on all the secret happenings that we going on in Ricci’s life and it was a blast.  

From the (sometimes) hellish stage experiences to the somewhat funny AND convoluted love events of her life, she is not shy about inviting us into her world – the good and the bad.

Her honesty is refreshing and the writing style is just the way I like it – down to earth and engaging.

The story of Ricci’s life is interesting and the way she shares it with us is inviting.  The only negative?  I HATED the cover of this book – but don’t let it fool you, the content is absolutely worth it.

2 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Ha! I love the cover of this book, it made me laugh!
Sounds like a fun and very interesting book! Good review.

bermudaonion said...

I love memoirs like this too!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges