2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, November 27, 2011

REVIEW for I'M Not Her

Thank you to Kay at Sourcebooks for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:         I'm Not Her

AUTHOR:   Janet Gurtler

GENRE:      Contemporary novel

RATING:    4 Stars

Okay, I don't normally read books that are so difficult to read because I hate crying when I am reading.

However, I had heard so many good things about this book (all deserved) that I decided to give it a try. I thought this was both a tough and touching read.

The book deals with "the Big C" - which in itself petrifies me. The author introduces us to two sisters and we open the chapter with Tess and Kristina - who are polar opposites but are (for the most part) loving sisters.

With the eternity of youth, it seems as though they have their whole world ahead of them - until Kristina is diagnosed with cancer and nothing is the same again.

This book focuses on how the entire family deals with the illness, all the while incorporating the ups and downs of teenagers and the things they go through.

Like I said, this is a hard book to read, but the touching moments make it all worth it.

Beautifully written.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

My mother-in-law is undergoing chemo and radiation, so this probably isn't the right book for me right now.

Tina said...

Hi Kathy: I am sorry to hear that. I hope that she feels better very soon and that you guys are doing ok.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges