2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, July 20, 2012

Little Gems for the Week Ending July 21, 2012

Well, July is more than halfway over and I am so grateful.  I realized quite a few years ago that I am just NOT a summer person :)  Having said that, however, I must say that one of the best things about summer is travelling and I did get to do a little bit of that this week with a  visit to Kingston, Ontario which is about 2 1/2 hours from Montreal.  Needless to say I hit the bookstores there.  So, here is what came into my house this week.

From the thrift stores:

  • The Yoga Mamas by Katherine Stewart

  • The Little Death by P.J. Parrish
From the publisher for review:

  • The Wedding Diaries by Sam Binnie (this is from Avon books in the UK and they are fantastic! They have THE best chick lit books and I am thrilled to have received this one).  Its right up my alley.
This publisher is amazing.  We exchanged emails late Thursday afternoon and on the Friday (the very next day) I had the finished copy in my hands and it came all the way from the UK - I am impressed with their professionalism :)

From Net Galley:
  • Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

    Since I no longer work downtown Montreal, I rarely visit anymore, but I ended up there last weekend and was happy to be asked to participate in a survey by Stayfree that was being held at the Eaton Center - our swag? Free full size packages of the items we were being asked about!



    More freebies:  Since I was in Kingston I thought I would try to find Nordica products which I could not seem to find in Montreal, as well as flavored coffee from Timothy Keurig.  All of these products I was lucky enough to have coupons for free. so I got two packages of cottage cheese and 12 Keurig coffee cups for absolutely no money!  Love, love it.



    I was also contacted about reviewing an New Age Cd - which I am kind of excited about because I never get asked to review music AND I love New Age music.





    • Silentaria - What's Real? (Don't you just love that deep blue cover?)
      Very hectic week - but as always, grateful for all these great products! and the opportunity to travel with some wonderful people who make my trips so terrific!

      2 comments:

      bermudaonion said...

      Wow, you raked in the goodies this week! Enjoy!

      cindysloveofbooks said...

      Great week Tina. Wow how did I miss out on the Stayfree promo?

      Please let me know if you are looking for anything specific with Kcups because I will be going to the US soon.

      Have a great week Tina

       
      Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges