2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, October 11, 2013

REVIEW for Coreography



TITLE:            Coreyography


AUTHOR:       Corey Feldman


GENRE:          Memoir


RATING:    


I have no real idea why I chose to read this book, except that I kind of always had a mild, very mild fascination with "The Two Coreys".  I actually enjoyed their short lived tv show on A&E a few years ago.


I picked this one up not expecting much - especially since I seem to be  in a reading slump these days (can't find anything great).


Imagine my surprise when I found myself enjoying this memoir. Unlike many memoirs, Corey was a child star so his younger days are actually pertinent to the story - and Feldman mercifully kept the child years short and to the point.  In fact, this book is written throughout in this fashion - while he covers every aspect of his life, he doesn't go on and on about the minute details and manages to focus longer on the subjects or things that actually make this memoir interesting.


Yes, he covers Michael Jackson and he also covers the rotten childhood he has had.  He also talks about other things which came as a bit of a surprise to me (no spoilers sorry!).


Throughout though, there is a surprising tone of sadness and it is apparent that Feldman was (is?) not a happy, happy guy.  He details the gory details about Hollywood and made me want to stay as far away from there as possible.


Finally, he talks quite alot about Corey Haim  - his best friend and his brother.  Surprisingly, they did not spend as much time together as I always assumed they did, but it is clear that they shared a bond.  Feldman clearly was conflicted as he did not want to give away too much about Corey, yet Feldman does mention that Corey Haim did ask him to write his story for him.....


Now, having said all of this, I am not sure if this book is BS or of Feldman was being brutally honest. I have heard him in interviews at time and he can come off flaky and self serving - which this book is not.  So, I leave it to you to figure it out.


In the meantime, I enjoyed reading this memoir.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges