2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, August 18, 2018

REVIEW for Walking Shadows by Faye Kellerman








Thank you to Hachette Canada for sending me an e copy of this to read and review.



TITLE:            Walking Shadows

AUTHOR:       Faye Kellerman

GENRE:          Thriller

RATING:         




I have read all of Kellerman's books with varying degrees of success. This one i would rate as a 3.5 stars.

I love Decker and Harvard when they work together so I was disappointed to see that Harvard wasn't as prominent as in the past. i know that Kellerman is grooming Harvard to take over the series at one point and i am good with that but i really needed him front and center in this one.

Decker is his usual smart, calm and steadfast self and I love how the author uses his brain to solve cases instead of ridiculous car chases. I love, love Decker such a smart character.

The plot is what dragged this a bit. i did not care about this "whodunnit". Looking back on a past murder....kind of didn't pop for me.

Thankfully Kellerman kept the Decker/Lazarus scenes to a minimum without drawn out family scenes and finally Rina is not the most beautful, smart, amazing person in every room. This character should only get a background role as I find her to be unnecessary in most cases.

Surprisingly, Kellerman does a shut out to her husband's books and his starring character Alex Delaware. Free publicity.

The pacing is good except with a plot like this it did feel slow at times.

Overall okay but nothing amazing.
 

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges