2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, February 5, 2022

HAPPY 2022 and HAPPY READING

 Happy 2022.

I have been very late with this post.  Meant to do it in early January and life got in the way.

I am excited to read even more books this year.

I an, once again, participating in the Goodreads reading challenge.  I do quite a lot of knitting, so sometimes I put off starting a new book until I have made some progress on my knitting (right now, I am knitting a Prayer Shawl).

In 2021 I challenged myself to read 46 books and I ended up reading 47.

So, in 2022 the magic number is 48.

I use to be really proud of myself for reading all these books, until I saw others with 300 and 400 books read in one year.  Fortunately or unfortunately, I am weird about my TO BE READ pile.  I only want 2 books at a time - the one I am currently reading and the one that is waiting to be read.  If I have more at one time, I feel pressured.  Fortunately, I am very picky about what I read.

This blog has been in existence for well over 10 years now.  I can never remember how many years exactly and only my friend Cindy seems to know how many, because she started hers around the same time.

Interestingly, my tastes have changed over the years.  I use to read basically only legal thrillers (fiction) but now, I am really into non fiction, especially on addiction and recovery.  I also really like social subjects such as drug use, pregnancy, etc (fiction) and thrillers (stranded teens, etc) in the YA world.

I still love my Faye Kellerman and have been on the fence about the Alex Cross series by James Patterson (who doesn't seem to sleep judging by the fact that he has books released (fiction) every month.

Happy reading.

TIINA

1 comment:

Cindy's Love of Books said...

Tina, can you believe that come the summer of 2022 we will be blogging for 14 years?

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges