2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, August 14, 2008

REVIEW for Drinking at the Fountain of Youth




TITLE: Drinking at the Fountain of
Youth
AUTHOR: Beth Teitell
GENRE: Non fiction - humor
DATE: September 2008
RATING: 3 stars
This was a book that I snagged on the Library Thing Early Reviewers program.
I just finished reading Drinking Problems at the Fountain of Youth, written by Beth Teitell. I was initially under the impression that this was a chick lit novel. It is not. This book is really more along the lines of musings, from the author, Beth Teitell, on the subject of age and aging. It reminded me a little bit of a Nora Ephron type book - but with more sarcasm and dark humor. I particularly liked the chapters where the author uses examples from her own life to highlight a point or a comment. The tone of the book is quite down to earth and the writing is to the point and entertaining, but for some reason, this book left me flat. I did not hate it and I did not like it - it was a quick read that did not really stay with me after I closed the cover.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges