2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, December 19, 2008

REVIEW for Murder on the Down Low








BOOKSHIPPER welcomes author PAMELA SAMUELS YOUNG and PUMP UP YOUR BOOK PROMOTION



TITLE: Murder on the Down Low

AUTHOR: Pamela Samuels Young

GENRE: Thriller

RATING: 3.5 Stars

Murder on the Down Low starts off with a bang. The storyline is interesting and different. For one thing, I never really knew that the Down Low sort of really existed! I always thought it was more of an expression!

Murder on the Down Low is a thriller in the real sense of the word. I could not figure out who was the murderer until the very end (which is always wonderful). I hate it when I have the guilty person figured out before the second chapter! Also, the author does a very good job of sending in enough mixed messages and false leads to keep this book quite engrossing. The murder of black wealthy men leads us into a nightmare situation that includes AIDS, lawsuits and deception.

The main character Vernetta (who makes a return appearance) is, as always, gritty and likeable and her relationship with Special is well - dare I say it? Special.

This thriller has more detours and twists than a country road and I really enjoyed it.

Good luck trying to figure out who the murderer is.....

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges