2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

REVIEW for In Need of Therapy


Thank you to author Tracie Banister for sending me a copy of her book.


TITLE:           In Need of Therapy

AUTHOR:       Tracie Banister

GENRE:          Chick Lit

RATING:        


For those who have read this blog before, you have, without a doubt, seen me comment about how I am one of those people who base my opinion, at least partially, on book covers. Of course, with Kindle and ebooks this is becoming less and less, but I mentioned this because I had a problem with this book cover and probably would not have picked it up to read it.

Having said that, however, I have to admit that, in this case, I would have been wrong.  This story is absolutely hilarious.  This is chick lit with humor and reminded me how, in many cases, the shoemaker is usually the one needing the best shoes.  Okay, that was an English translation of a popular French saying that basically means, in this case, the therapist might very well be in need of therapy herself.

The main character is trying to help others from a mental point of view, while she herself is trying to sort out her own mess of a life -especially when it comes to men.
Pilar is expected to "choose" from the three men (nightmares) in her own life, all the while telling other people how they can overcome and be happy in life.  This book works because both the author and Pilar don't take themselves too seriously and Pilar manges to find the bright spot instead of making this story about constant doom and gloom.  I loved it.



No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges