2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, August 20, 2023

BOOK review for: I Married A Thrill Seeker by Danielle Kaplan



TITLE:             I Married a Thrill Seeker

AUTHOR:       Danielle Kaplan

GENRE:         Memoir

RATING:        5 stars

I was on social media, and this author popped up. I read the small description of her book, with interest, but the word "novel" was used, so I emailed the author to clarify if this was, indeed, a memoir. She literally answered me 30 seconds after my initial question confirming that it was a memoir. I headed to Amazon. I bought it and read it in 3 days.

It's such an excellent book. Despite the difficult subject matter, I just could not put it down. I wish every author would write like Danielle Kaplan.....she writes with honesty and weaves the story so well that you feel everything. I had to put the book down occasionally because I was so caught up in the story. I also LOVE the fact that she doesn't go off on tangents but rather tells the story in a way that is compelling without describing every little detail...the pacing was excellent.

From a personal point of view, I had a valve replacement (aorta) surgery 4 years ago, and it took me six months to feel like myself as well. So I could doubly empathize with that part of the story.

I am so glad this family is doing so much better despite their hardships, including the loss of important people.

I do have one question. What happened to Danielle's moms dog? She mentions the dog in passing but does not say.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges