2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, November 1, 2010

REVIEW for Proud to be Inuvialuit


















Thank you! thank you! to Fifth House at Fitzhenry for sending me this book!

TITLE:                  Proud to be Inuvialuit

AUTHORS:          James Pokiak, Mindy Willett and Tessa Macintosh

GENRE:               Children

RATING:              4 Stars

Fitzhenry always produces some of the most beautiful and instructional children books I have ever seen (and read) and this newest entry is another shining example.

Proud to be Inuvialuit is simply fun, fun and (of course) entertaning AND highly instructive.  I have said this before, but as a Canadian, I don't really know much about my country's history and I simply enjoy reading these books - aimed at children - very much. 

They are always incredibly entertaining, full of fun facts and the photographs (and pictures) are detailed, sharp and eye catching.  In fact, reading these books is always a joy.

This book is relatively small - with both pictures and print and takes a more in depth look at the Inivialuit culture - something I knew absolutely nothing about.

If you are hoping to teach your children and other cultures - you must get this book.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges