2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, January 7, 2011

REVIEW for At the Crossroads of Terror


















Thank you to Phenix & Phenix literacy publicists for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:                  At the Crossroads of Terror

AUTHOR:             Lenny Emanuelli

GENRE:               Thriller

RATING:             4 stars

I hesitated when I received the request to read this book because, honestly, I find that most "thrillers" now a days are boring and highly, highly predictable. 

While I can't say that At the Crossroads of Terror is not high literacy art, I have to say that I found myself immediately drawn into the plotline - how do you prove that you are NOT guilty of murder, especially if you are just an average person with average financial means?


What I also enjoyed about this book is that it takes an honest and very unflinching look at sexual abuse, in fact, the author is associated with RAINN (The Rape Abuse and Incest National Network).

Now, for the things I did not like as much - the book cover - it looks cheesy and gave the book the look that it was "self published".  I think that this story is a good one and deserves to be read by thriller lovers - however, I would not have purchased this one off the shelf with the current book cover - this NEEDS to change and quickly.

If you are looking for a good paced thrilled, that challenges you to find out things you may never have wanted to know about sexual abuse, then this is the book for you.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This does sound interesting. I've always said money buys justice, so it is hard for average people to get it. I agree with you on the cover.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges