2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

REVIEW for That Book About Harvard

Thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy of this book!

TITLE:                That Book about Harvard

AUTHOR:          Eric Kester

GENRE:             Memoir

RATING:   


One of my favorite things is to pick up a memoir about life in a big Ivy League school.  There have been a few over the years, but I have to say that The Book about Harvard is one of the best I have ever read.

Why?  Basically because the stories are just so irreverent, considering the locale.  As a matter of fact, this is why this book works so well for me.  The author takes an absolutely serious subject matter and inserts all kinds of ‘weird and unexpected’ humor into it and it makes for some absolutely wonderful reading.

Of course, some of the stories were more engaging and entertaining than others and, if you are prudish, then this book is not for you as the author can be a little ‘salted’ when he chooses to be.  In fact, the main subject matter could, essentially offend some purists 
J

Having said this however, if you like your memoirs on the funny ‘I can’t believe he just said/did that’ then this is definitely the book for you.  I loved it.



No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges