2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

REVIEW for This Girl


Thank you very much to the wonderful people at Atria Books for sending me a copy of this book to read and review.


TITLE:             This Girl

AUTHOR:        Colleen Hoover

GENRE:           Fiction

RATING:         

I was surprised and happy to receive this book in the mail.  I had never heard of this series before (this book is the third book in the series "Slammed" and was a tad worried that I would have to read the first two before tackling this one.

While there is no denying that reading the first two books will help, I found that after a few pages of "situating myself" I was good to go.

I think what I loved most about this book is that this love story is told from the point of view of Will who has just gone through some major changes in his own life - including his marriage to the love of his life Layken.

It is somewhat unusual to read the male's point of view when it comes to relationships, especially if these are challenging and the author does a fine job of showing us Will's sensitive side.  You won't find too many "whatever" attitudes in this book.

This book is a great example of true love finding each other - even when the events getting there (and staying there) can be tough.

Written with a clear voice, just enough detail to keep me entertained and a true eye for honesty and integrity, this book was a joy to read.

Now, I am heading out to buy the other two books in the series :)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

It is refreshing to read a book told from a male point of view. This sounds good.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges